Promoting & Maintaining Wellness Part 4 – Water
By Dr. Kim Bloomer, co-founder of the American Council of Animal Naturopathy
There are two things we can only live for a very short time without and water is one of them. However, not all water these days is equal thanks to the added chemicals being put into it.
“If we pollute the air, water and soil that keep us alive and well, and destroy the biodiversity that allows natural systems to function, no amount of money will save us“. ~David Suzuki
We all (meaning animals, plants, etc.) need clean, pure water that does NOT have chlorine or fluoride in it. Those two chemicals alone have wrecked such havoc upon the health and well being of us and our animals.
This video was shared a number of years ago and yet is still so very impactful in showing the damage that fluoride can do to the body of anyone. In this case it was horses.
Pure, good water is essential to:
- flushes toxins and wastes
- major component of blood which carries nutrients and oxygen to and from all cells
- detoxify the body naturally
- regulates body temperature
- cushions and protects joints, tissues and organs
Something to remember (refer back to our post on nutrition) is that animals that are fed their natural diet that is according to their species needs and nature (carnivore, omnivore or herbivore) receive a lot of good nutrient enhanced water directly from their food. The opposite is true when they are fed packaged, processed foods.
Some quick facts you can learn more about on the Fluoride Action Network:
- 97% of western Europe has rejected water fluoridation
- 50 studies have linked fluoride with reduced IQ in children.
- Excessive fluoride exposure can cause osteoarthritis.
Here is a podcast we did recently on the first three laws of health including air for further insights:
Wishing you and your animals to simply be well.